Marvin continually adds value for our clients by demonstrating management accounting expertise, determination and commitment to achieving sustainable business success.
Marvin joined our firm in 1999. He is a partner in charge of our Accounting and Advisory practice and oversees the firm’s enterprise risk solutions for clients. He is also a member of our Audit and Construction groups.
Prior to joining Smith and Howard, Marvin spent several years as CFO of a large Atlanta business. He has extensive experience in accounting, auditing, information systems, business management and consulting. Marvin’s background as CFO and his financial knowledge provide tremendous value to our clients in the areas of SOC engagements, internal control reviews, enterprise risk, corporate governance, general business advice, accounting and technology services.
Marvin and his wife live on Lake Lanier.
- Georgia State University – Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors; Ex-Officio Member of the Executive Committee)
- Leadership Gwinnett
- Associated General Contractors (Georgia Chapter)
- Forsyth Chamber of Commerce (Board of Directors)
- The Contractor National Editorial Board
- BDO Alliance Construction Accounting Network (Board of Directors)
- Buford First United Methodist Church (Chairman of Finance Committee)
Interests + Hobbies
- Yard work