Marc applies his diverse experience providing income tax and business advisory services to benefit a wide variety of clients, including corporations, partnerships, nonprofits, individuals and estates.
Marc joined Smith and Howard in 1995 after several years with a Big 4 firm. He leads our Tax practice, a member of the Nonprofit group and leads the tax services of that practice. An accredited business valuation expert, Marc also provides valuation, appraisal and consulting services.
Also dedicated to giving back to the community, Marc serves as our United Way campaign chairperson and partner in charge of the firm’s community service efforts. Under his leadership, the firm’s overall United Way contributions consistently rank among the top accounting firms (including the Big Four) in Atlanta.
Marc, his wife and his daughter reside in Atlanta, Georgia.
- University of Florida – Bachelor of Accounting; Master of Accounting in Taxation
- Georgia State University – Master of Business Administration in Finance
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (Nonprofit Conference Committee)
- Chair of the Board of Directors of Goodwill of North Georgia
- Goodwill Industries of North Georgia (Vice Chair and Chair of the Audit and Compensation Committee)
- Atlanta Tax Forum
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA)
- Tax Exempt/Governmental Entities Council (TE/GE)
- University of Florida Alumni Association
- Associated General Contractors of Georgia
Interests + Hobbies