Debbie applies acumen, creativity and responsive service to best meet the needs of our clients.
Debbie joined Smith and Howard’s Tax practice in 1991 after spending several years with a Big Four firm. She provides tax planning, compliance and advisory services to businesses and individuals. Debbie specializes in merger and acquisition consulting, international taxation counsel, estate planning, transactional analysis, stock option analysis and entity selection. In addition to overseeing the tax planning and compliance services of the firm, Debbie leads our Manufacturing and Distribution group and our International Services group. She is also a member of our Hospitality team.
Debbie, her husband and son live in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Winthrop College – Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Clemson University – Master of Accounting Tax
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (Personal Finance Specialist; Tax Division Member)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Atlanta Tax Forum
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council
- Georgia Manufacturing Alliance (Advisory Board)
- Castle Chess, Inc. (Former Treasurer)
- Greenville, South Carolina
Interests + Hobbies
- Walking on the beach