At Smith & Howard, we are proud of our accomplishments. Smith & Howard has been named a Best of the Best firm for the past six years. However, what many of us are most proud of is being a multi-year recipient of both the Atlanta Journal-Constitution “Top Work Place” award and the national Accounting Today “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” award.
One of the many things that makes Smith & Howard such a great place to work are the benefits. We offer comparable benefits to local and international firms. This includes competitive salaries, generous vacation policy, 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, insurance benefits and CPA exam assistance, just to name a few. However, there are many more incentives that set us apart. Below is a list of some of the additional benefits we offer that make Smith & Howard a great place to work.
- Deadline Parties – We love coming together as a team to celebrate our accomplishments and milestones. Following each major deadline, we have a party to celebrate.
- Jeans Day – Each Friday we offer our staff a chance to wear jeans for $5. All proceeds collected go to charities selected by our community service committee each quarter.
- Fast Breaks – January through April, we have what we like to call “Fast Breaks”. Our Fast Breaks have included weeks of free jeans days, early office closings, catered in pastries and ice cream, Starbucks coffee every Friday, and even a day of massages.
- Busy Season Meals – Beginning late January through mid-April, we cater dinner for those who are working in the evenings. By the last week, we cater three meals a day. We believe it is important to stay fueled during busy season.
- Long Weekends – At Smith & Howard we understand that busy season can be a stressful time. We offer a four-day weekend during busy season to allow our staff to reboot and recharge.
- Firm Outings – Over the years, we have had various firm-wide outings which have included Braves games, trips to the Zoo, Andretti racing, a trip to Château Elan for cooking, wine and golf, and last fall an event at Medieval Times. Firm outings bring us closer together and give us a chance to connect with one another and our families.
- Kickball – Kickball has been a great way for people from every department to get together to build comradery and have a lot of laughs, hopefully while winning a game or two.
- Holiday Spirit – During the holidays we encourage our people to get in the festive spirit by participating in a Halloween costume contest and a tacky sweater day. At the end of each year, we host a holiday party for our staff and their significant others. We also support college football and the Falcons by wearing our team gear.
- Celebrating Life Events – We take a vested interest in our staff and families. This includes firm-wide baby and wedding showers. All levels of staff from every department show support for each other and our life events.
- Community Support – A common theme amongst our firm members is our giving spirit. Many of us participate in various charitable organizations. If you have an organization you are particularly passionate about, we often find ways as a firm to support your participation and/or the organization itself, whether that be through our quarterly donations from jeans days or firm-wide community service projects with those organizations.
Smith & Howard has so much to offer our employees. As our People value states. “Dedication and commitment from and to our people are fundamental to our success and the success of our clients.” If you are looking to join the Smith & Howard team, click here to view our current openings.