Karl’s prior experience in the retail, distribution and technology sectors gives our clients the added benefit of his hands-on perspective in industry.
Karl is a principal in our Assurance practice. Prior to joining the firm, he spent several years at a large regional accounting firm in their audit group.
At Smith and Howard, Karl leads numerous internal and external trainings. He presents on topics including revenue recognition and other recent accounting changes affecting businesses. He leads the firm’s quality control committee, as well as the quality control process for the assurance group.
Karl currently serves on the board for Dad’s Garage Theatre Company, a theatre group that is known for their scripted and improvised works.
Karl and his wife live in Midtown.
- Brigham Young University – Bachelor of the Arts in Asian Studies
- Georgia Institute of Technology – Master of Science in Management
- Georgia State University – Master of Professional Accountancy
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Dad’s Garage Theatre Company (Board of Directors)
Interests + Hobbies
- Volunteering for Dad’s Garage