Merger and Acquisition Services
Whether you are the buyer or the seller of a business, careful planning and professional advice are critical to getting the most out of your transaction. Because we work with many of our clients throughout their lifecycle, we have strong capabilities in the merger and acquisition services arena. Our strong relationships with the private equity market underscore our strength and reputation in this area.
The assistance of a Smith & Howard M&A expert can greatly increase the chance that sellers will be able to minimize and defer tax, and that buyers will be able to maximize and accelerate tax benefits. Clients receive solid value beyond assistance with tax issues when they engage us for due diligence services. Our analysis and expertise helps buyers understand exactly what they are buying, provides analysis of accounting provisions in agreements to maximize earn-outs and can help assist with ensuring financials and internal controls are in order for preparation of sale and to assist with third party due diligence.
Our team works with C-level executives to provide advice on:
- Due Diligence
- Tax and Accounting Structuring
- Post-Transaction Assistance
- Valuation and other financial analysis
Clients rely on our sound counsel to:
- Review and recommend alternative tax and accounting structures
- Identify opportunities to reduce taxes
- Assess internal controls
- Evaluate risk management practices
- Maximize the value associated with tax assets
- Review and discuss the effects of various structuring alternatives on future cash flows
If you want more information about our M&A services, please complete the form on this page. A member of our team will be in touch with you.